Materials Accepted at the Transfer Station
There are several designated areas at the transfer station for unloading debris. There are staff members at the station to assist in the correct placement of the material. Some items may have charges.
Residential and Commercial Refuse
- You may dispose of up to 4 residential vehicle tires per trip with no charge. (Examples include pickup, car, van and motorcycle tires). Additional tires disposed of in a single trip will have a small per tire charge.
- Tires other than residential vehicle tires will have a charge depending on the size and the vehicle they came from.
- Metal received is picked up by a company that recycles metal. It is important that no trash, wood, plastic or any material other than metal be placed in the metal boxes.
- Materials NOT accepted in the metal bins: Automotive gas tanks or fuel containers of any kind; Motorcycle, car, truck, and tractor bodies, frames or parts; Closed drums or containers of any size, including paint cans; Burn barrel material; Water softener tanks or conditioners; Microwave ovens and other small appliances; Metal doors or metal frame doors with plastic, fiberglass or glass. Propane or Freon cylinders or bottles.
- Due to the environmentally damaging properties of Freon, items that used Freon must be disposed of separately. There is a small, per item fee on all Freon based items due to the special handling required.
- Common Freon items include but are not limited to; refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, and air conditioners.
Construction and Demolition Waste at the Transfer Station
Large quantities of construction and demolition (C&D) waste should be taken to the C&D Landfill.
Small quantities may be placed in the C&D box at the Transfer Station. The Transfer Station is not equipped to allow truck dumping in the C&D containers. If you have a C&D load you wish to dump with a dump truck, we request that it be taken to the landfill.
You can make arrangements to dump trucks on the tipping floor of the transfer station, however there will be a fee of $61/ton with a $15 minimum for this service.
Accepted C&D Material at the Transfer Station
- Untreated wood and sawdust
- Motor vehicle window glass
- Bricks, concrete and other masonry products
- Roofing material (shingle wrappers are OK)
- Soil (No petroleum impacted)
- Wall or floor covering
- Plaster and drywall
- Plumbing fixtures
- Non-asbestos insulation from C&D projects
Items NOT accepted as C&D at the Transfer Station
- Garbage. No trash or garbage from the construction or demolition work site. No lunch or break items like pop cans or fast food paper waste. No cardboard or paper.
- Drums or containers. No paint cans or buckets, caulking tubes, drywall buckets, tar buckets or cans.
For more information on Construction and Demolition disposal, please refer to our landfill