Construction and Demolition Waste at the
Only construction and demolition waste is presently accepted at the MASWU landfill. Dump trucks, roll offs and trailers with hydraulic lifts are able to unload efficiently at the landfill. Smaller loads including pickup trucks and non-hydraulic lift trailers work best at the Transfer Station.
You are welcome to bring a smaller load of C&D Materials to the landfill, but you will be required to unload it by hand. MASWU does not provide pull-off assistance.
Construction and demolition waste consists of:
- Solid waste from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of structures, roads, sidewalks and utilities
- Untreated wood and untreated sawdust from any source
- Treated wood from construction or demolition projects
- Motor vehicle window glass
- Vegetation from land clearing and grubbing, utility maintenance, and seasonal or storm related cleanup
- Bricks, concrete and other masonry products
- Roofing material, gutters, and metal flashing
- Soil and rock (This may not be contaminated with other products such as oil.)
- Wood pallets and crates
- Wall and floor covering, plaster and drywall
- Plumbing fixtures and electrical wiring
- Non-friable asbestos (Please call us for information prior to removing this material.)